No Janitor Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
No Janitor Zone

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What is your guys opinion on Indie devs?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Walter

Walter

What is your guys opinion on Indie devs? Empty
PostSubject: What is your guys opinion on Indie devs?   What is your guys opinion on Indie devs? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:57 pm

I find the topic of indie games to be one I'm heavily interested in, and it's funny why I think that. When I first got into gaming around 2009 I had nothing but negative thoughts about indie games. The ones on steam, at least to me, were for the most part just artsy personal projects and weren't actual games. There were a few exceptions of course, but I kinda scoffed at them. In 2013 though I began to realize just how great indie games were becoming. Hugely successful games like Minecraft and Terraria were just popping into existence left and right, and my favorite devs like Overkill Software, Tripwire interactive and Digital Extremes can all be considered at least less than triple-A, maybe even indie. While some absolute garbo indie games are getting released I think that with alot of the bland games that are coming out, Indie games and Nintendo (I can't make up my mind on them help me x_x) are just looking better and better each day.

You guys like a good indie game, or do you just kinda kek at them when you see 'em coming out?
Back to top Go down
https://nojanitorzone.forumotion.com
SpadesMagnes

SpadesMagnes

PostSubject: Re: What is your guys opinion on Indie devs?   What is your guys opinion on Indie devs? EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 9:21 pm

Lisa The Painful RPG

You know why
Back to top Go down
AlonsoDalton

AlonsoDalton

PostSubject: Re: What is your guys opinion on Indie devs?   What is your guys opinion on Indie devs? EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 6:14 am

Braid. Just play it. It has amazing art (the sprites move so fluidly and still look like they were painted). It also has a LOT of interesting mechanics. One of the best puzzle platformers I've ever played.

Gunpoint is another game I enjoyed thoroughly. Another indie platformer game. It's more of a stealth game though.

LIMBO? LIMBO. Amazing visual theme, combined with puzzles and platforming makes for quite the game.
Back to top Go down
EarlOfBuck

EarlOfBuck

PostSubject: Re: What is your guys opinion on Indie devs?   What is your guys opinion on Indie devs? EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 1:20 pm

Terraria is SO MUCH BETTER than Minecraft, purely because it harkens back to the Zelda 2 days.

I wish people would put more effort into making more mods for it;

I.E. Bosses, storyline elements, items, etc.

No Man's Sky looks great, I have an XBone that belongs to the family, so I'll end up buying myself a PS4 when I can.

Let's see...

Oh, Card Sagas Wars;

http://cardgallery.tales-tra.com/main.htm

I swear these fucking Spaniards are taking FOREVER with this, I'd officially call it abandoned.
Back to top Go down
SpadesMagnes

SpadesMagnes

PostSubject: Re: What is your guys opinion on Indie devs?   What is your guys opinion on Indie devs? EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 1:24 pm

EarlOfBuck wrote:

Oh, Card Sagas Wars;

I swear these fucking Spaniards are taking FOREVER with this, I'd officially call it abandoned.
the artist guy posts some pics on tumblr every now and then on that style, but still no news on that

maybe they're on hiatus cuz college and stuff like that, I unno
Back to top Go down
Walter

Walter

PostSubject: Re: What is your guys opinion on Indie devs?   What is your guys opinion on Indie devs? EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 2:53 pm

EarlOfBuck wrote:
Terraria is SO MUCH BETTER than Minecraft, purely because it harkens back to the Zelda 2 days.

I wish people would put more effort into making more mods for it;

I.E. Bosses, storyline elements, items, etc.

No Man's Sky looks great, I have an XBone that belongs to the family, so I'll end up buying myself a PS4 when I can.

Let's see...

Oh, Card Sagas Wars;

Yeah terraria is pretty great. There's a great sense of progression in it, makes every milestone feel rewarding. I still prefer modded Minecraft between the two, but if I'm playing vanilla I'll pick Terraria any day. Single player is pretty dank though, I could never beat the hard mode version of the Eater of Worlds even after farming up an Uzi.

No Man's Sky seems interesting, I'll have to check it out when it comes out on PC.
Back to top Go down
https://nojanitorzone.forumotion.com
2jin

PostSubject: Re: What is your guys opinion on Indie devs?   What is your guys opinion on Indie devs? EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 3:05 pm

I do like myself a good indie game.

Dust: An Elysian Tale, One Finger Death Punch, Shovel Knight, Freedom Planet, Aces Wild, The Binding of Issac... I could go on for a while, honestly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your guys opinion on Indie devs?   What is your guys opinion on Indie devs? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your guys opinion on Indie devs?
Page 1 of 1