No Janitor Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
No Janitor Zone

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Doge

Doge

So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files Empty
PostSubject: So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files   So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 5:02 pm

14 months of work down the drain if it's not fixable. Which includes my whole progress and data in Pokémon Y, add-on for Smash3D, MH4U add-ons, MH3U add-ons, Alpha Sapphire add-ons and other stuff like my streetpasses.

The... sadness this brings me.

Might need to send Nintendo my SD card.

God forbid... it's probably permanently borked.
Back to top Go down
SpadesMagnes

SpadesMagnes

PostSubject: Re: So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files   So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 7:27 pm

Doge wrote:
14 months of work down the drain if it's not fixable. Which includes my whole progress and data in Pokémon Y, add-on for Smash3D, MH4U add-ons, MH3U add-ons, Alpha Sapphire add-ons and other stuff like my streetpasses.

The... sadness this brings me.

Might need to send Nintendo my SD card.

God forbid... it's probably permanently borked.
it lost it's format or you accidentaly wiped it clean?
Back to top Go down
Doge

Doge

PostSubject: Re: So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files   So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 7:48 pm

"Cut and pasted" the data onto my computer.

The result?

Some things are mangled, some things aren't.

I mean, I IN NO WAY, remember hitting the cut button.

Why the fuck is there a cut button anyways.

I swear I didn't hit the cut button.

There's data on the SD card.

A lot of data, but the amount of data present, does not reflect the contents I can access.

When I back-placed it back onto the SD card, it feels as if though it lost most of it's ability to remember stuff.

It remembers my streetpass transactions between users, but it lost most of my puzzles and pieces.

It restored most of the free downloads I made from the 3ds eshop, but had removed for SD card space.

It lost my Pokémon Y in its entirety, along with my add-ons for MH4U, Alpha Sapphire, SMASH3D.

I retained my photos.

I mean, it feels like it decompressed, and the result was a back skip onto my previous backup.

In terms, I've gone back 14 months, but not 14 months.

It remembers everyone I've been coming in contact with, and all sorts of things.

And yet I lost all sorts of data.

...I suppose it's time to start from scratch... well not complete scratch, but, you get the picture.

I guess this means I'm restarting MH4U, MH3U (haha, no,) SMASH3D, PKMN Y, and PKMN Alpha.

100 hours only spent on Y.

I hadn't gotten too far in Alpha, so I'm okay.

I have 4U, so I have no point playing 3U.

I'll take the time to play SMASH3D back from the beginning.

...Oooh boy.

Maybe I could call the Nintendo tech helpline.
Back to top Go down
AlonsoDalton

AlonsoDalton

PostSubject: Re: So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files   So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:56 pm

Before trying to start over, try everything to get it back.
Once you start over, you probably won't be able to use the data, even if you do fix it later on.
Back to top Go down
SpadesMagnes

SpadesMagnes

PostSubject: Re: So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files   So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:23 pm

AlonsoDalton wrote:
Before trying to start over, try everything to get it back.
Once you start over, you probably won't be able to use the data, even if you do fix it later on.
I was gonna say exactly that
maybe something got pasted wrong in the process
but that makes me ask something
why in pureasu undahstando's name were you doing with you SD card in the first place
i'll assume you were transfering the pics or something
Back to top Go down
Walter

Walter

PostSubject: Re: So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files   So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:40 pm

Sorry to hear that man, I would hate to loose my pokemon in my X version.

Hell I'd loose my Delphox, my Shiny Volcarona and all my other pokes.

If you wanna get back into pokemon, I could give you a few of my spare shinies if you wanted as sort of a compensation thing.
Back to top Go down
https://nojanitorzone.forumotion.com
Doge

Doge

PostSubject: Re: So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files   So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 3:13 pm

@Spades

Was trying to copy-paste all the data from my 4GB to my 16GB.

Somehow "I" managed to cut the data in the process, causing catastrophe.

Seemingly irreversible, so I ended up deleting nearly everything off my 3DS.

I have a duplicate of everything I just finished "deleting" on my computer, so in the future, I could possibly repair it all.

In general:

I mean, I lost the Smash3d extra data that wasn't locked to the cartridge, which I believe is nothing more than the patch updates, right?

Ended up re-DL'ing MH4u 1.1, which I assume is the MH4U add-on data.

My MH4U seemed untouched, so I'm happy.

I can easily restart Alpha Sapphire without getting pissed, less than 8 hours were invested there.

I'll be locking my Mewtwo DLC-codes to my 3DS and my WiiU soon, along with Yoshi's N.I. for the 3DS.

If Yoshi's NI botches itself, it's locked to my NNID, so I can redownload it anytime along with my Pokémon Y, the only real victim of this botch up.

TBH, the only real thing I lost was my Pkmn Y, which I never bothered to create a backup for.

I'll be taking more caution in the future, creating backups every month or so.

@Walter

Poke donations would be appreciated, but, I'll be real honest here. PKMN X/Y have no tournament value, and the Pokémon available from X/Y only give breeding perks.

Which means I'd most likely only be importing Pokémon into Alpha Sapphire.

...Not even remotely miffed, because Alpha Sapphire / Omega Ruby are the official tournament standard now, which means I can't enter anything that isn't tournament legal.

I played Y to the bone, got nearly everything on it done and over with.

Completed Y to like 95%, with all main story and substories completed.

Only really never participated in various nonsense.

It felt good when I was invested in it, but I had little to no intentions of going back.

I suppose this is fate telling me to grow up and be less attached to trivial things, but I don't know.

I suppose in the end it's all okay.

I'm okay fam.
Back to top Go down
GumShoe

GumShoe

PostSubject: Re: So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files   So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 5:15 pm

Poor shibe. :^(

What's your FC though?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files   So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files Empty

Back to top Go down

So I (or my computer) probably borked my 3DS save files
Page 1 of 1