No Janitor Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
No Janitor Zone

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So I picked up spriting tonight...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Walter

Walter

So I picked up spriting tonight... Empty
PostSubject: So I picked up spriting tonight...   So I picked up spriting tonight... EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 3:50 am

Well, I decided that I want to get into MUGEN character making/sprite coming making, and so I figured I would take the first step in that direction and make some sprites. I've never done this before, so these may or may not be very good but im quite proud of them.

First up I decided to make after I watched a pixel art tutorial video was... A dinky little skeleton in a top hat So I picked up spriting tonight... UvNEc04 I half assed this one, but I figured it was worth posting.

Second is a character I created. I put considerably more ammounts of effort into making it, so there's that. So I picked up spriting tonight... CJileOK
I'm not good at shading/perspective on my real drawings at all, and I'm not sold on my abilities here. I really want to get good at art though, so any criticism would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://nojanitorzone.forumotion.com
Swoonis
Graphic Designer
Swoonis

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up spriting tonight...   So I picked up spriting tonight... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 5:14 pm

Good start. Check out these tutorials, they're VERY good.

http://2dwillneverdie.com/tutorial/fix-my-sprite-volume-1/
Back to top Go down
Walter

Walter

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up spriting tonight...   So I picked up spriting tonight... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 6:18 pm

Swoonis wrote:
Good start. Check out these tutorials, they're VERY good.

http://2dwillneverdie.com/tutorial/fix-my-sprite-volume-1/

Thanks BIG GUY for the link. Skimmed over it, eager to use this site for reference stuff.
Back to top Go down
Walter

Walter

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up spriting tonight...   So I picked up spriting tonight... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 11:21 pm

Went ahead and looked through the website big guy linked a bit before I sat down and found a page with some nice shading and line-curving tips, so I tried making the character I based off of my Crazy Sapper.
So I picked up spriting tonight... Marco_sprites_by_screenshot_saga-d8ob8di I'm quite happy with this, only thing I would want to change is the shading, I didnt notice it till now but IMO it looks a bit too much like body sweat x.x

Also I did an alien So I picked up spriting tonight... Ayy_lmao_by_screenshot_saga-d8obne8
Back to top Go down
Swoonis
Graphic Designer
Swoonis

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up spriting tonight...   So I picked up spriting tonight... EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 11:29 pm

Walter wrote:
Went ahead and looked through the website big guy linked a bit before I sat down and found a page with some nice shading and line-curving tips, so I tried making the character I based off of my Crazy Sapper.
So I picked up spriting tonight... Marco_sprites_by_screenshot_saga-d8ob8di I'm quite happy with this, only thing I would want to change is the shading, I didnt notice it till now but IMO it looks a bit too much like body sweat x.x

Also I did an alien So I picked up spriting tonight... Ayy_lmao_by_screenshot_saga-d8obne8

love the ayy lmao dude. Also, I didn't think the shaded area looked like body sweat. Try to be more consistent with the shading, like shade other parts of the shirt so that one part doesn't stand out so much.

also, LOL, the character in my game is actually based off of my flash.
Back to top Go down
Walter

Walter

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up spriting tonight...   So I picked up spriting tonight... EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 12:28 am

Swoonis wrote:
Walter wrote:

love the ayy lmao dude. Also, I didn't think the shaded area looked like body sweat. Try to be more consistent with the shading, like shade other parts of the shirt so that one part doesn't stand out so much.

Thanks for the tip, I'm still trying to get the fundamentals of shading lol. I only recently started doing it on my pencil and paper stuff, so yeah.

Nice lol, I bet you could GD your flash to look like your game character really nicely. One thing that I've liked about LS is it's always had a decent ammount of customization options that lets you come up with character options, though I'm still not fond of the lack of facial hair in the game haha.
Back to top Go down
Swoonis
Graphic Designer
Swoonis

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up spriting tonight...   So I picked up spriting tonight... EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 12:31 am

Walter wrote:
Swoonis wrote:
Walter wrote:

Thanks for the tip, I'm still trying to get the fundamentals of shading lol. I only recently started doing it on my pencil and paper stuff, so yeah.

Nice lol, I bet you could GD your flash to look like your game character really nicely. One thing that I've liked about LS is it's always had a decent ammount of customization options that lets you come up with character options, though I'm still not fond of the lack of facial hair in the game haha.

I actually designed my game character after my flash. I really liked that too. Lack of facial hair options really sucks, and also the lack of bald hair sucks too. I can't do Bane, Darth Bane, Or Scooby Werkstatt characters that feel when
Back to top Go down
GumShoe

GumShoe

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up spriting tonight...   So I picked up spriting tonight... EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 11:20 pm

Walter wrote:

ayy lmao
Back to top Go down
EarlOfBuck

EarlOfBuck

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up spriting tonight...   So I picked up spriting tonight... EmptySun May 03, 2015 11:31 am

http://www.pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=6

Here's where the pseudo-professionals hang out, a lot of them have written pretty helpful tutorials.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I picked up spriting tonight...   So I picked up spriting tonight... Empty

Back to top Go down

So I picked up spriting tonight...
Page 1 of 1